Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

Thank you birds and insects!

                                            No more wasps! 
DOC (Department of Conservation) had discovered that wasps are dying in the South Island of New Zealand because a lot of insects and birds are eating them. DOC scientist Eric Edwards detected that all the hives of the wasps had no honey in it. Scientists think that birds and insects eat the wasps to gather for honey, only to discover that there are none.

We are learning to understand the features of a headline.
I know I can do this when I write a headline that grabs people's attention.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheska,
    I like the way you wrote what you understand about wasps. I also like the way you reported that there was no more wasps in the South Island. Where did you get this information from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it from the kiwikids news site.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.