Pages

Thursday 13 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey- Day 6

Native Aotearoa

Activity one:
The breeze drifted my hair, amongst the air.
I watch the water flow amongst the path of the waka.
I had never felt butterflies before,
A number of trees caught my eye as was in galore.
The tone of the waves made feel at home.

Activity two:
Three events I would like to go to in the Matariki Festival are…
  • e Oro o ngā Whetū: The Echo of the Stars, as I would want to experience the music of the stars
  • Star Weave Jame, as I would love to learn how to weave in many designs.
  • Matariki Dawn: Special Opening Weekend at Space Place, as I would want to see what the Matariki stars would look like in the naked eye.
Bonus Activity:
Rugby World Cup 2011 - All Blacks vs France
  1. World Cup 2015 - All Blacks vs Argentina
  2. All Blacks vs South Africa 2016

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Cheska,

    It's great to see that you are already on Day #6 of the Winter Learning Journey programme. You are making such great progress! I really enjoyed reading your entire post, particularly the poem that you created for Activity #1. I would imagine that being one of the original explorers would have been quite an exhilarating experience. I would imagine that it would also be quite scary. Fortunately, the original settlers of New Zealand were very brave and they accepted the challenges that came with settling a new land. I wonder what New Zealand looked like when they first arrived...

    I hope that you enjoyed thinking about the experience of being a settler as well as reading through the Te Papa site to learn about the Matariki festival events. It certainly looks as though they do a great job honouring the Maori new year. I hope to get down to Wellington one year to participate in some of these events.

    What about you? Are you interested in going to Te Papa one day during the Matariki festival?

    Keep up the great work with your blogging, Cheska. You are one day from the end. You can do it!!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Cheska

    Im jolie and I am from Glen Innes School. I may be really really late so im sorry. I enjoyed reading your poem. My favourite part was "I watch the water flow amongst the path of the waka." you helped me make a very clear picture in my head.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.