Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Have you ever been to Kelly Tarltons?

During the weekend, my family and I went to Kelly Tarltons. Firstly we went inside to purchase the tickets for the entry. It was a long line as if the whole of New Zealand was there. Finally we reached the counter so my brother and I went to the fire truck to wait for my mum for the tickets. Once we got our tickets we went in and we saw old clothes and old rooms from the olden days


Then we entered a turning door and we saw little cute penguin. The first penguin that I saw was a baby penguin and I noticed that it was following my roll of paper so I tried doing tricks with it like I was a main character in a circus trick. Then my mum did the same thing as me, but instead of trying to follow it, it tried to eat it. The penguins were really cool to watch.


The next interesting door was filled with fish and ice. When we entered we saw a photo booth that had two penguins, so my brother and I took a picture in it. Then a show came on and it was daily feeding time for the big stingrays. One of the stingrays splashed water on me and it almost flew out of the aquarium.


Afterwards we had a break for some slushies.  We went to a chalkboard and these were pictures on how to draw sea creatures. After that we went to a turning ground that showed us different kinds of fish. It was breath-taking. Next we went to a seahorse room and there were fat ones and tall ones and one of the seahorses. After that tiring day, we went home and we were as tired as if we had been on a journey around the world.

It was was an adventurous day and I hope we get to explore elsewhere again soon.


WALT write a recount using correct language features.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I self-edit and correct my work for any punctuation and spelling errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.