Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey- Day One

100%  Pure New Zealand


Activity one:
Facts about the people of New Zealand:
  • There are approximately 69% are of European descent, 14.6% are indigenous Māori, 9.2% Asian and 6.9% non-Māori Pacific Islanders.
  • Maori people voyaged thousands of miles across the Pacific Ocean on ocean-going canoes, making them the first inhabitants of New Zealand.
  • Outdoor adventures are well-known activities to Kiwis as they love to travel across the country or even; Hiking, camping, fishing, bush and beach walks are other popular outdoor pursuits.


Activity two:
My five favourite things in Auckland:
  • Bush walk in the Waitakere ranges
  • Swimming in Piha Beach
  • Discovering the History of Aotearoa in the Auckland Museum
  • Looking down to the City View from the Sky Tower
  • Exploring the city’s attractions.


Bonus Activity:
I have chosen New Zealand's endemic animal as it represents New Zealand's, family and Loyalty.

4 comments:

  1. Impressive start Cheska.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! Very nice work, Cheska!

      Delete
  2. Hi Cheska,

    Welcome back!! I am so pleased that you have joined us again this holiday. I am also really pleased to see that you have already posted so many activity blogs. You've clearly been very busy! I am really looking forward to reading through all of the activity posts.

    From a personal perspective it is so cool to see that your favourite things to do in Auckland involve walking and swimming out west. I actually live on the west side of Auckland and I try to get out to the Waitakere Ranges and the beaches as often as I can. My son, Aronui, is a huge fan of bush walks and we often go adventuring through the native rainforest out west.

    Have you ever been to the Waitakere Ranges by any chance? If not, I would highly recommend it! It takes about 30 -40 minutes to get there by car but it is well worth the trip...

    Speaking of trips, I hope that you will enjoy your 'trip' around New Zealand as part of the Winter Learning Journey programme. We really are so lucky to live in such a great country, aren't we?

    See you on Day #2,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.