Pages

Saturday 22 August 2015

Let's learn more about Jesus!

During the weekends my dad, brother and I went to Northcote to learn about God and Jesus. 

Once we got there, Chaim and I raced to St. Joseph's hall as fast as motor bikes  because we thought that we were late however, we weren't because it was only 1:30 pm and our sessions start at 2:30 pm so we had one hour to spare. Finally after an hour had past, all the kids arrived so we started our sessions.

The first thing that we did was we played hangman. Father Mario had chosen a very hard three letter word. We lost because he already had drew hangman. The next activity that we did was we made the word love by cutting a paper into four parts. It was hard because we only had an A4 piece of paper.

Later on, we coloured in our word with crayons and wrote a letter to Jesus. After that, we cut a piece of paper and we folded it into a triangle pattern. When everyone was finished I opened it and I couldn't believe my eyes because it transformed into a cross. 

After that, we raced to the park as fast as cheetahs racing to catch their meal. Once we got there, the K.F.L teachers (Kids For Life) brought us some fired chickens and everyone went running to the fried chicken pieces and within seconds it was all gone. My least favourite part was that Chaim, all the other children and I had to go but at least I got to learn about Jesus.

I had a ton of fun learning about Jesus because I got to write a letter to him and meet new friends.

We are learning to use descriptive language in our writing.
I know I can do this when I use appropriate similes, metaphors, adjectives and verbs to describe events and people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.