Pages

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Facing challenges

St.Mary's College


My heart was racing, sweat dribbling down my cheek, I was not ready. The car dragged closer and closer towards the college I was applying to. Minutes felt like seconds, we entered the car park and still, I felt apprehensive. Having a flood of thoughts overflowing my mind, ‘What if I won’t get accepted, what if I say the wrong thing, what if I don’t make it in, what if everything falls apart’, I thought constantly. The car was parked.

Each step I took the more I hesitated on taking this interview. The sun’s pressure, pushing against my chest as if there was no air to bare. The moment my parents and I entered the office there was complete silence, we sat ourselves down onto fancy and elegant seats. Then, a student just like me, walked past in silence, she looked agitated and by the look on her face, this is the point where I hit Rock Bottom.  

Moments later, a woman dressed in a high defined suit with bright sharp red (with the prediction) of 10-inch heels came into the waiting room. A straight and firm voice called out travelling in my ear my full exact name. We followed her into a hall, dark and narrowed, an eerie feeling seeped into my mind. The principal or should I say the dean, opened a door to us, as we entered the room I was in complete awe. Every word that came out of my mind has been forgotten. Sunshine gleamed throughout the room, displays of various confident quotes and of course an apple on a desk, this made me have a warm feeling and content.

The first few questions ran past my mind as if there was nothing to worry about, as I thought. Then, the last question …. at this point my heart started skipping beats and intense pressure tightened in my chest … the words met my ears the tension-filled me. “Why should we accept you as a St. Mary’s student?’.
I had no choice but to say what my heart wanted to express.
“I know that this College is the place where I belong, I am a  confident, committed, trustworthy and reliable student, being here will help me to continue to be a successful student and a role model for others ” I was ready.



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          





1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheska!

    I'm really looking forward to blogging with you again this holiday. See you online!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.