Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey- Day 3

Wild eyes


Activity One:
I chose to adopt the Morepork (Ninox novaeseelandiae), also known as the Tasmanian spotted owl.
Habitat:
Moreporks mostly occurs in habitats with trees as well as ranging deep tropical forests.
Diet:
They have a diet of insects; weta, huhu beetles, moths and cicadas. They also prey on small mammals such as mice and young rats.



Activity 2:
In my understanding, New Zealand has called the right decision to kill all non-native predators.
If we haven't made a decision, most native plants may be consumed due to the predators. I also conduct that the population of these predators may grow and oversize our native animals. As they would also kill our native birds.

Bonus Activity:
 Fake a Giant Moa Discovery- Wild Eyes (website)



3 comments:

  1. Hi Checka,
    My Name is Lusia Katavake and I'm a year 8 student from St Pius X Catholic School.
    WOW!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR AMAZING DISCOVERY! I HAVE ALSO POSTED A PHOTO ON THE WILD EYES WEBSITE TOO! I discovered a big print on my back garden!
    Keep it up Cheska!

    Regards,
    Lusia Katavake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I'd love to see what you have discovered!

      Sincerely,
      Cheska

      Delete
  2. Ola Cheska,

    I must admit, your discovery of finding 'Historical Moa stool' is so UNIQUE! I'm so impressed!

    I really enjoyed reading your fun facts about the Morepork! The fact that you uploaded a clip to give more information is Fantastic! Do you know where Moreporks live? Or why they are so unique? I would love to read more about what you have learnt about Moreporks.

    Thank you for sharing your discovery!

    Best wishes,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.